The Central and State Governments have institutionalized several welfare schemes like social security pensions, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS), National Old Age Pension (NOAPS) insurance scheme etc, for the benefit of the poor. Payments in such welfare schemes are being made directly in cash or through indirect subsidies like the PDS (Public Distribution Systems). Such payments are being routed by the governments through various agencies. The success of any welfare scheme/state benefit transfers must ensure timely disbursal of the benefits without any leakages. In this regard, we deliver transparency in delivery of welfare programs on electronically authenticated platforms. The EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) scheme is a part of financial inclusion plan where a bank account is required to provide banking services.
EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) Benefits:
- Automates process to reduce manual overheads.
- Payment to the right beneficiary at their doorstep.
- Saves travel cost for beneficiary for wage collection and lowers transaction cost for banks.
- Prevents fraud/misappropriation resulting in cost savings for governments.
- Biometric-enabled smart card authentication and physical identification.